‘Angel II of Islington’
‘Angel II of Islington’ is a purpose built steel canal narrow boat, 72′ long, commissioned in April 2000.
It was funded by a generous private donation from John Herbert, brother of Crystal Hale who was responsible for setting up the charity and for the original ‘Angel of Islington‘, and an additional contribution from the Cripplegate Foundation.
What’s on board?
- 12 bunks, each with mattresses and small cupboards for personal items
- 2 toilets and wash basins with hot and cold water
- Electric lights throughout
- Fully equipped galley (kitchen) with gas cooker and fridge (no microwave)
- All cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils
- Hot air central heating
- Board games and books
- Life jackets
- Sound system (with USB connection)
- DVD player/screen for laptop connection (on request)
- Camcorder (on request)
Access: Please note that because the boat was designed along traditional canal narrowboat lines, people with mobility issues may find access awkward or difficult. Leaders of groups including individuals with mobility issues should contact the skipper when booking to discuss any difficulties which might arise and should ensure that their pre-trip risk assessments take such matters into account.